Sunday, April 26, 2015

State Track

IM SO EXCITED! STATE TRACK IS IN LIKE THREE WEEKS! I really hope I make it again this year because I've gone every year of my track career and it's the funnest thing ever (except Drake). It's pretty much exactly the same as Drake, but more people from my team make it to state, and unfortunately, there are no professional people competing at state.
Last year at state, seventeen girls and sixteen boys made it to state from my high school. I think the best part about state is staying in the hotel with the entire team and just doing fun things together. Last year, we played a lot of games in the lobby with the boys. We played euchre, heads up, and a HUGE game of spoons. It was really fun! In our game of spoons, there was like fifteen people, and some of them weren't even from my school! They were from Manchester. It was probably the best part about state, and we got to meet a bunch of new people. 
My freshman year at state was a wild experience. Me and a few other girls almost got sent home before we ran! What could we possibly have done to do that? Well honestly it's not even that bad. Me and four other girls went on the roof of the hotel and played volleyball. Unfortunately, a hotel manager caught us and told our coaches about it. Our coaches were livid when they heard about it. All of us who were on the roof were sent to our rooms for the rest of the night and it was maybe 8:30. But I do think this was really our fault because f the hotel didn't want us getting on the roof, why would you put us in the balcony room that was two inches away from the roof? Bad planning on their part! On the way home from state that year, our coach finally realized it wasn't that big of a deal and even told us that he probably would have done the same thing in high school. That made me feel better. 
Hopefully all turns out well this year at districts because I really want to go back to state. The hotel we stay at is really fun and I get the opportunity to get closer to my teammates. I can honestly say that I have made a few best friends because of state track. Rooming with three other girls for three days straight really opens you up to their personality. I hope that se of you guys get the chance to experience state track because it's probably one of my favorite sporting events ever. No I'm not exaggerating that! 

Word count: 472 words 

No comments:

Post a Comment