Friday, April 10, 2015

Burns, Raspberries, and Bruises

What's the worst thing in the world, but also the best? BATTLE WOUNDS. They hurt terribly bad, but they usually have a cool story to them. You can get all sorts of battle wounds. You can get a floor burn in volleyball, turf burn in football, raspberries from gymnastics, ball marks from softball/baseball, strawberries from softball/baseball. There are all sorts of fun things!
My favorite thing ever is when you get a ball mark on your body from getting hit by a pitch. It's the best when it leaves a seam mark too! I can't count how many times I've been hit by a pitch. I've even gotten hit by a line drive right in the arm. That one hurt a lot!!
I think it's safe to say that the worst things ever are floor burns. I am a back row player, so I basically have burns on my elbows, knees, and hips constantly. The worst ones are the ones that burn over a burn and bleed. OUCH!
A lot of people have never experienced a raspberry from gymnastics. SCARIEST THING EVER. It's when your foot slides down the side of the beam otherwise known as "straddling" the beam. This happened to me so many times when I was a gymnast and they always scared me to death. It's painful when you fall on it because it's wooden.
Another thing I get all the time are strawberries. I steal bases almost every single time I get on base, so that means I do a lot of stealing. Because I steal so much, I have huge holes in my pants and my knees get scraped up. Also, I sometimes do a slide by, which means I slide around the base and then flip on my stomach and grab on to the base, so my arms and stomach get scrapes on them too. I don't mind these too bad, they just take a long time to go away. 
So you see, battle wounds are not a bad thing. I strive to get one every game so I feel like I played my hardest (except for raspberries, no one wants those). So suck it up and be happy.

Word count: 365 words

No comments:

Post a Comment